[Kmymoney-devel] kdewin kmymoney V4.6.1 Vs 4.6.4

Chris rebel at rebel.com.au
Sat Mar 1 01:48:34 UTC 2014

Hi

I have finally been able to compile and run kmymoney on windows Yip Yip
Hooray!!.

Numerous problems, but it appeared the main one was path length it caused
unusual issues. Jom also gave me heartaches when compiling qt libs. It must
have got stuck in some loop as it was consuming 50% resources but doing
nothing :( Switching to mingw-make resolved that and was no slower (possibly
a smidge faster!).

So in my quest to create a small business windows version. I am now moving
on to looking at making the code changes I require. unfortunately the kdewin
version of kmymoney is quite old 2011 I beleive.

I would like to switch to the current 4.6.4 which is in the git repo (I
prefer git) and am wondering why the KDEWin version is so far behind. Am I
better sticking to this branch or can I use the 4.6.4 branch?

If I try and switch what sort of issues can I expect?
If I don't switch how can I push any code into the current 4.6.4 branch as
it will be untested?
Are the two versions compatible enough that I can edit and test in a linux
kde environment and then backport my changes to the older version? thus
being able to push upstream.

Sorry for so many questions...

DC