[Kmymoney-devel] XML Import Request

Jennifer Wensel jenwensel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:18:35 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm just now installing KMyMoney, and see that I won't be able to import
from my bank, which only exports statements using XML and PDF. I'm a busy
mom, not a programmer, so I certainly can't write this plugin myself. Any
chance someone else could do it? My bank is KiwiBank, the national bank of
New Zealand, so this would be useful to other Kiwi's over here on this side
of the world.

In the meantime, do you know of any way to easily convert either of those
files to something that would import? I use Foxit Phantom PDF which should
do image recognition, do you know how well it would put the PDF into
something that could become CSV? My credit card statements (the most
important ones for me, are only offered in PDFs, not XMLs).

Thanks,
Jennifer