[Kmymoney-devel] update Quicken IDs?

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 16 19:48:21 UTC 2014

On 2014.06.16 15:21, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hi all,
> Shall we have a release of the stable branch to update the Quicked
> IDs? Many users are reporting banks that are dropping support for
> Quicken 2011.

Hi Alvaro,

I think it would be a good idea.  I think the risk is very low,
especially if that is the only change, and the risk of not doing it is
potentially high, if users are prevented from updating their accounts.
As a further possibility (although perhaps less realistic) are there
any major distributions stuck with an older version, where we could
make the same change (or provide a patch for them to do it)?

Per Cristian's comment, one alternative would be to just distribute a
patch and let each distribution apply it to their existing code.  That
would probably work for more than just the latest stable version.  Am I
correct (I have not looked at the source) that this only affects a
single source file?