[Kmymoney-devel] Comments about KMyMoney (required privs on Windows)

Alec Evans alec.evans at libertysurf.fr
Sun Jun 1 04:38:01 UTC 2014

Thanks Jack - I'll try that later today.

On both machines I started installation as a user but entered the
logon/password for admin privileges when asked. Usually this works just the
same as installing from the chosen admin account. But see next para...

In the meantime, I discovered that it's only on the initial run of the
program that "Run as admin" is needed. Subsequently it fires up OK straight
from a user account. My guess is that most people (I just had to be
different ;-) install from an admin account and immediately run the program,
so this behaviour would not be noticed.

Alec