[Kmymoney-devel] MyMoneyStorageSql concept

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Sun Jan 26 15:20:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

is there a description of MyMoneyStorageSql? For me it is hard to understand
(want to add a new MyMoneyObject to be stored).

Am I correct if i say, MyMoneyStorageSql uses only very basic and simple sql?
E.g. the kmmFileInfo table stores the row count of other tables – isn't that a
fundamental task of a database to manage that for me? I would like to put some
more logic in the database, would you like that (e.g. using joins)?

Also there is a high abstraction level to create sql Queries, isn't sql an
abstraction level itself? It would be a lot easier if I can just enter the sql
statement to execute (within QSqlQuery of course).

Greetings
Christian