[Kmymoney-devel] Typos - erronous is erroneous

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jan 7 13:32:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tuesday 07 January 2014 12:41:17 Allan wrote:

> On 07/01/14 12:26, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> > 2014/1/7 Allan <agander93 at gmail.com>:
> >> There is a large number of these typos which keep catching my eye, and
> >> also
> >> affect searches.
> >>
> >> They mainly occur in strings, but quite a few in code.
> >>
> >> Is there any reason why I should not fix this?  I would probably do it in
> >> batches, like per file, to limit the potential for damage.
> >
> > Typos can be fixed but be aware that there are some typos in the file
> > format which should not be fixed unless a format upgrade action is
> > added.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Cristian
>
> I'll do all those in strings first, then do the rest carefully, testing
> as I go.

I did a quick analysis on this. Here are my findings which be of help.

  git grep -i erronous

showed 122 occurrences, among which only the ones in

kmymoney/dialogs/settings/ksettingscolorsdecl.ui and kmymoney/kmymoney.kcfg
referring listErronousTransactionColor are a bit tricky. They are also found
in register.cpp and kmymoney/widgets/transaction.cpp as
KMyMoneyGlobalSettings::listErronousTransactionColor(). Changing those has
only one side-effect: in case the user has modified the standard color in his
settings they will be lost. I don't think that this is critical, as the user
can change it again.

Most of the others are in the following comment

  An exception will be thrown upon erronous situations.

a probably the result of copy/paste.

All others remaining seem to reference only internal variables. So I don't see
a problem to change them either.

The only 'intuitive' interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
 -- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X interfaces