[Kmymoney-devel] compiling kmymoney on windows

Chris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Tue Feb 25 09:22:39 UTC 2014

Thanks for the welcome

The reason I was considering a fork was I thought it may be moving away from
kmymoney's prime purpose which is personal finances. But as Cristian has
pointed out much of it can be done via plugins, so I am happy to "stay with
the program".

I haven't given up on MingW yet. but its very very slow going :( I am rather
rusty on C++ and some of the errors it throws up particularly around
templating have me pulling my hair out.

But having said that I am keen to get into it once I have a stable base to
start with.

I am about 2 hours into my latest build attempt with qt libs. I guess I
should have used the --noclean directive. I am used to make just picking up
where it left off but it appears emerge deletes the build folder and starts
from scratch.

Chris