[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request 115941: Allow date filtering in the ledger.

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 24 23:40:26 UTC 2014

On 2014.02.24 12:27, Cristian Oneț wrote:

> > On Feb. 21, 2014, 11:06 p.m., Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > > kmymoney/widgets/dateintervalselector.cpp, line 158
> > >
> <https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/115941/diff/1/?file=245410#file245410line158>
> > >
> > >     I think this should be None. The same for the enum
>
> I chose "don't care' since it's about a time interval described with
> "when" which seems to match "don't care" better then "none" but a
> native English speaker could help us here.

I have not actually compiled with this patch, so I'm not sure exactly
how it would look, but comparing to the other choices in the list, I
might suggest "any date".  I think of it as saying "with transaction
dates limited to [filter item]".  "None" only makes sense if you think
of it as "transactions with a date filter of [filter item]" and for
that, "any date" still makes sense and also sounds better to me.