[Kmymoney-devel] Completion misunderstanding?

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 11:04:56 UTC 2014

On 23/02/14 09:29, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 22 February 2014 12:43:01 Allan wrote:
>
>> On 22/02/14 12:20, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> That behaviour might happen if the completion is not purging its
>>> contents when the string changes. Did you check that?
>>
>> My first thought was "Oh, God, now what have I broken?" as I'm working
>> in that area.  So I then checked minus my work and it was the same.  So,
>> I haven't gone beyond that as yet, but I'll look into it once I finish
>> what I'm doing.
>
> That dialog is using the KMyMoneyCategory widget which uses
> kmymoney/widget/kmymoneyaccountcompletion.cpp as the completion
> widget. This has some tricky stuff to work with account hierarchies. Not
> sure if you get bitten by that.
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas

Yes, I noticed!  I'm still working on my original problem.  It's been
slow work, but I think I'm making progress.  I have the
KCategoryReassignDlg working pretty well, in that it's not possible for
the drop-down to part company if the dialog is moved, although whether
or not my approach is ideal remains to be seen.  I'm now looking at the
same problem with the import account selector.

Then I'll look at this completion issue.

Thanks

Allan