[Kmymoney-devel] Completion misunderstanding?

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 11:51:18 UTC 2014

Possibly I have a misunderstanding about how Completion is supposed to work.

I'm looking at KCategoryReassignDlg.  If I select a category and right
click to delete it, I get the drop-down populated with available
categories to which to reassign entries.  So far, so good.  If now, I
enter into the lineedit a single letter, I expect to get only categories
which contain that letter.  However, that's not what happens, or rather
it is, but only sometimes, depending on the letter I have entered.

For instance, if I enter an 'a', I get BAC, cat and car, which is what I
would expect.  If though, I enter a 'b', I get BAC and cat, where I
would expect only to see BAC.  If I enter '_', I get only _Dividend,
again as expected.  But, if I enter 'i', I get the expected 'i' entries,
but also BAC, cat and CHP.

Does anyone else see similar, or am I just wrong?

Payee deletion completion seems to perform as I expect.