[Kmymoney-devel] [kmymoney] kmymoney: BUG: 322381

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:06:27 UTC 2014

On 17/12/14 07:38, Christian Dávid wrote:
> Hi Allan,
>
> In the commit below I noticed that you used comments with the note "not needed
> anymore" to remove old code. In my opinion this code should be remove
> completely if it is not needed anymore. This makes the code much more readable
> — especially in the long run as such comments tend to sum up.
>
> Greetings and happy holidays
> Christian

Hi Christian

Thanks, always glad to receive helpful comments, and I'm happy to remove
those particular lines.

The reason I made those comments was that the edit was needed following
on from Cristian's commit and I thought it best to explain.  They have
no on-going purpose.

In the parts of KMM where I've had cause to do work, I've found a few
places where the code is commented with a bug reference, and I've found
that helpful in immediately giving some background, rather than having
to go hunting through past commits.

On the subject of inflating the code with old comments, this particular
file, mymoneyqifreader.cpp, has acres (sorry, hectares) of them.  It
might benefit from pruning one day.

Best wishes to you, too.