[Kmymoney-devel] New reconciliation problem

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 4 23:36:08 UTC 2014

I'm trying to reconcile a brokerage account, as of 28/11, which was
last reconciled a month ago on 30/10.  The message I get now is "You
are about to finish the reconciliation of this account with a
difference between your bank statement and the transactions marked as
cleared.  Are you sure you want to finish the reconciliation?"  The
problem for me is that all the balances look like they match.  The line
below the ledger has Statement: 593.80   Cleared: 593.80  Difference:
0.00.  I'm reconciling as of 28/11.  All transactions are marked
reconciled or cleared, except for one not marked transaction on 2/12.
As this was downloaded, is the issue that the downloaded balance for
2/12 includes this transaction as cleared?  This would make sense, but
it does not make sense that this would have any effect on
reconciliation as of an earlier date. (Also, marking this transaction
as cleared does not avoid the message.)

I know I can go back to the last backup I made, but it's longer ago
than I like, and I'd rather not have to redo all the stuff in between.
I finally just said "yes" and things look OK to me, but I'm wondering
if I'm missing something.