[Kmymoney-devel] Question on message from consistency check

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 4 22:35:26 UTC 2014

Recently, I've been getting an odd message as part of the consistency
check when saving the file after downloading new investment
transactions.  The message is "* shares set to value in split of
transaction 'T000000000000009194'" (and I may or may not have enough
zero's.)  I assume this is related to transactions downloaded as
Dividend, some of which I have changed to Reinvest Dividend before
saving.  In any case, without doing anything more about this, the
message is not repeated on the next save.

My problem is the the T000... transaction number is not surfaced to the
user any other place in the application.  Might it make more sense to
give the account, date, and type of transaction, so the user could
actually find it?  Should I just file a wishlist for this?

On a related note, I was thinking about filing a wishlist item to be
able to surface the inner ids of accounts, transactions, splits, ....
somewhere in the GUI, or perhaps as a special type of report.  I
suppose the only time I really need or want these is when
troubleshooting problems, in which case, I have probably unzipped a
copy of the KMY file, but it's not necessarily easy to find what I'm
looking for, so having the mapping would make it easier.

Has anyone else ever run into this and thought of any other approach?