[Kmymoney-devel] Documentation update for new version

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 31 17:58:20 UTC 2014

On 2014.08.31 12:45, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> написане Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:39:04 +0300, Jack
> <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net>:
>
>> On 2014.08.31 12:10, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
>>> написане Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:06:04 +0300, Jack

>>> Hi,
>>> You can push the changes into the separate branch, then merge it
>>> when it's ready.
>>> Hope this helps.
>>> Best regards,
>>> Yuri
>>
>> Yuri,
>>
>> Thanks, but I don't know if it will help now.  We will be releasing
>> a new version from master, and I believe we don't expect any more
>> changes to the code.  However, I will be making possibly significant
>> changes to the manual over the next week.  I already pushed the
>> first set of changes yesterday.  Would it really help to create a
>> new branch just for several days of editing the manual?
>>

> It's up to you what to do.
>
> I do not see why it is important to hide something from translators.
> They just will not translate if they do not want to. ;)

Yuri,

We seem to have a misunderstanding.  I do not want to hide anything
from the translators.  We just delayed the string freeze by one week so
I would have more time to work on the manual, and I wondered if there
was a way to tell the translators that although the manual was going to
be changing a lot this week, the strings in the program will probably
not be changing any more.  I apologize if my intent was not clear.