[Kmymoney-devel] Status of online banking / call for testers

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Mon Aug 18 12:20:44 UTC 2014

Hello all,

for a long time I am working on the online banking branch already. It is close
to be finished even if lot still has to be done. But have a look on what is
achieved already:

• It is possible to create, edit and send sepa credit transfers. I used
KMyMoney for *many* sepa credit transfers already.

• You can save and edit account numbers (<- plural!) for your payees.

• Actually you should be able to create national transfers as well. But my
banks have disabled that feature, so KMyMoney automatically deactivated it as
well (smart, right?). So I cannot test national transfers anymore.

So it is time for a break. I hope I can continue in about a month. There are a
couple of features missing before it can be merged into master (e.g. the
database). So think about a 4.x release before the merge. I won't be ready
before October anyway.

Also I need more testers before it can be released. Jos had some good points
in his blog why I should not test alone [1].

So if YOU are interested in HBCI online banking and are willing to compile
KMyMoney yourself, please clone the add-onlinebanking branch and test it.

Then write all glitches, issues but also ideas and any feedback to this list
(maybe with [onlinebanking] in the subject). You can even write a todo list
[1] for bugs, so it is easier for me to fix that stuff.

There are some design decisions to make, there I could need some help of people
who used the online banking features already.

Please not that using online banking with a database is not possible at the
moment! But there is some stuff on my computer regarding this already :)

Each tester helps me a lot to finish the work! Also it is very motivating to
get feedback — very important during bug hunting.

Greetings
Christian

[1] http://blog.jospoortvliet.com/2014/08/why-developers-should-not-be-testing.html
[2] https://todo.kde.org/?controller=board&action=show&project_id=16