[Kmymoney-devel] csvimport crash on multiple import

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:40:32 UTC 2014

Hi Alvaro
On 25/04/14 12:46, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:>
>Hi Allan,
>
> I haven't really tried it, so it's just an outside view, and you can
> ignore my comments.

No, I welcome all feedback, otherwise it's "This is the way I wrote it,
and I know what I really meant." as the OP found out.

> Don't broaden the options that much, or at the very least, make the
> most common use case the easier to follow, and stow away the options
> for more uncommon usecases. Also, in this case finish is not "import
> the file" which is already done, but "save settings for next time".
> That should be clarified to the user.

Just to expand this use, there are several pages of user parameter
input, which may be saved for next time, for that particular profile.
So, next time, a click On the 'Skip Setup' box will use the saved
parameters and go straight to the KMM Account Selection screen.  Again,
assuming Skip Setup, the user lands back on the Intro page, where the
Select File button is now labeled 'Next File', plus the 'Cancel' becomes
'Finish'.  I'll add a tooltip to show 'Save settings and exit'.

Without the 'Skip', on the last page there is the 'Import button', but
also 'Make QIF file', 'Back' in case a parameter change is needed,
'Finish', and 'Cancel', although the QIF button is not enabled until the
Import is done.  I think it would be better if also the 'Finish' is
button is not enabled until the Import is done.  I hope that helps you,
and everyone.

> Regarding disable the main app, I agree it would be nice to have it
> enabled if you can use it to check the import. That looks really
> useful to me.

Yes, me too.  I'll revert that change.

> Regards,
> Alvaro