[Kmymoney-devel] about KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Apr 25 08:40:41 UTC 2014

Hi Matthias,

On Wednesday 23 April 2014 01:18:20 Matthias Ristow wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> at first: Many thanks for the fantastic job! Better then Quicken, easyer
> then "Mein Büro" (German ZDF WISO), closer to the reality (e.g. due to
> familial categories etc.).
> With a word: Super!!

Thank you very much for the kind words and that you prefer an open source
project over some commercial alternatives.

> But: Where is the SEPA bank transfer module???
> It is a pain to work every time with other programs or even having to
> work with Windows, only to make a transfer.
>
> Please! Give us a SEPA modul!
> When does it come?

We know, and work is underway. So far, only one developer is working in the
integration into KMyMoney and another one is working on the SEPA deteails.
It's not as easy as one might think as banks are still changing basic stuff
right now while our developers try to catch up.

> Thanks so much for your good work and all the best :-)
> Matthias

p.s. for the brave among you who want to try to build from source: check the
add-onlinebanking branch in our git repo. Please be aware that this is not
production stuff. You have been warned.

Linux, because rebooting is for adding new hardware ...