[Kmymoney-devel] Kmymoney Financial Manager

LES TURNER les.turner5 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 19 12:21:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been a long term user of Microsoft (MS) Money and have often wished I could wean myself away.  MS ended support for the software years ago.  The problems I saw in moving to an alternative program, were loss of my financial history and finding suitable software.

I'm also new to Opensuse, which I'm also trialing (again wishing to get away from MS) and consequently I tried Kmymoney for my alternative to MS Money, which I admit was a shot in the dark.  However I'm very pleased to say that I've managed to import all my MS Money accounts painlessly using Kmymoney and it only took a short while to trawl through the data (going back to 1999) and edit out a few duplicates, etc..

I'm now starting to use Kmymoney properly and I've got to say I really like the software.  You've done an excellent job.  It's intuitive and easy to use.  All the useful standard reports that I need are there (and more) and I'm really pleased with what I see.  I don't know why the difference, but my MS Money file took nearly 13 MB on the disk but my Kmymoney file uses only 520 KB to store the same financial data!

Great piece of software, congratulations and thank you!

Regards,

Les