[Kmymoney-devel] Validation feedback for complex input

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Apr 18 07:41:30 UTC 2014

Hi Christian,

nice work. I would suggest the following (not knowing if it is too complex to
implement though):

a) for informational purposes (the white I on blue) I would use the tooltip
variant. It's not really an error but contains additional information for the
user she could get by opening the tooltip

b) for required fields (and erroneous input) I would use the separate line
approach and would make sure I only show the first one encountered even if
there is more than one field that matches this situation. Once the first one
is fixed the second one shows.

Does that sound reasonable?

Just my 0.02

Regards