[Kmymoney-devel] Starting w/o loading plugins possible?

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 30 20:00:13 UTC 2013

Sorry - this got stuck in my outbox for a while.  Hopefully it will
still send OK with this editing.

On 2013.09.30 14:05, mk-lists at email.de wrote:
> > Won't the parameters for cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.... need
> to be
> > changed?
>
> Hmm, well, I seem to have the correct setting there already.
>
> But the tricky bit is that I try to run an executable which isn't yet
> installed where it belongs. It's just built in the source directory
> and I try to run it from in there…
> I guess this is not really doable. :(

That is correct.  If you run from the build directory, it still picks
up many of the parts from the installed system version.  What the
script Cristian posted allows you to do is to install it to someplace
like ~/testing/....  You have to adjust the install prefix to point
there, and you do have to run make install, but that way you can
install in that testing area, and not interfere with the main version
installed in /usr or /usr/local.