[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.4 release schedule notification

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 10:17:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:20:57 +0300
Cristian Oneț <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/9/8 aga <agander93 at gmail.com>:
> > On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 13:55:40 +0300
> > Cristian Oneț <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> For the upcoming stable release we are aiming to fix crashes or
> >> other flaws in the application (no new features). If you are able
> >> to reproduce any reported issues in bugs.kde.org with the following
> >> filter:
> >>
> >> Severity: critical, grave, major, crash
> >> Product: kmymoney4
> >>
> >> Please let me know so we can fix it before the stable release is
> >> made.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Cristian
> >>

> > Just wondering where things stand with respect to the string freeze
> > and my submission to reviewboard on 29 August of my patches for
> > bugs 312816 and 322768. (Resize ledger No. column).
> > [ https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/112364/]
> >

> When the review request can be shipped it can be committed to master
> but I wouldn't pick it in the stable release. I know that it fixes
> some bugs but I'm not sure about it due to the following reasons:
> 1. Column resizing is actually a feature

If something doesn't work properly, and then is improved, I don't
actually see that as being a feature.  In the specific case of the
number column, a user has a requirement for a long number, but cannot
see the whole of it because of the narrow width of that column.
Resizing the whole window doesn't help, as the extra space is grabbed
by the detail column.

> 2. I can't say that I like the way resizing works from a user
> experience POV 3. Two (seemingly unrelated - resizing seems a
> feature) bugfixes are merged into a single patch

The bugfixes only became necessary during implementation of resizing.
Neither came first - they developed simultaneously and are interlinked.
I'll try to do some separation though.

> I don't want to be restrictive or something (with the lack of
> developer time and all) but you said it yourself in the review request
> that:

> - widgets flicker more than acceptable
That was the case when using show()/hide().  Zeroing the widget heights
fixed that issue.  However, because it was a very variable phenomenon, I
would not be surprised if an odd one showed up later.

> - the patch is pretty complicated

Ahmen to that.  I've now got shut of all the pulled hair.

Allan