[Kmymoney-devel] Excel Add-in Created

Jon nymanjon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:55:12 UTC 2013

The add-in installer is located at
spreadsheetbudget.com/FreeProducts/Budget/SSB_Install_0_0_0_0.exe (direct
link) or http://www.spreadsheetbudget.com/products/spreadsheet-budget/ where
you can see screen shots/videos (and I see how many people download the
add-in). The source code is located at https://github.com/jon49/FxToExcel (it
relies on the other libraries too - .

Much of the code is written in F# which also has a library in linux so I
might be able to do a wrapper to integrate with LibreOffice. I have a few
more things I would like to do with the Excel version (fix sub Categories,
add a template report, trim down the code) and then I could start working
on a LibreOffice version.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> On Tuesday 29 October 2013 04:45:43 Jon wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I thought you would like to know that I created an Excel add-in which
> > extracts data from the KMyMoney XML file. I can then create highly
> > customizable reports with the data.
> >
> > I will be putting the program up on GitHub once I figure out how to do
> > that. If you are interested in knowing when I upload the code let me
> know.
>
> We are certainly interested. We do carry a 'contrib' directory in our
> source
> distribution which is the place to host those tools. Simply send the file
> me or the developer list and we will take care of it.  Your add-in will
> then
> become part of the source distribution.
>
> Having such an add-in for e.g. LibreOffice would be also wonderful.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart
>
> GPG-FP: E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
> With every day I come closer to the grave and learn something new.
> It all happens because I have wandered around too much and stumbled into
> the Linux world - which is a fantastic place to be! (Algis Kabaila)

Jon Nyman
(828) 559-1345
www.spreadsheetbudget.com