[Kmymoney-devel] Bug 325437 - CSV Importer Problems

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 13:35:20 UTC 2013

On 26/10/13 13:34, Doug Tillberg wrote:
> Hi Allan:
>
> Thanks for your response to KMymoney Bug #325437.  For KMymoney testing,
> please find a CSV file scrubbed of personal info.  This does not import
> correctly under KMyMoney Version 4.6.3 Using KDE Development Platform
> 4.10.5 "release 1".  This has a problem with reading the credits and debits.
>
> In general, KMyMoney also truncates payees and memos kind of randomly,
> which makes importing very awkward and time-consuming. Trucates at the
> first space character most frequently, sometimes doesn't, don't know why.
>
> Best personal finance software on Linux, so congrats.  Still really
> tough to use, lots of clicks, and the import and brokerage account/asset
> functionality pretty shaky tough to use, really wish it was smoother.
> For a long time was using Q00, but Wine no longer supports import
> functionality there - lots of corruption.
>
> Let me know if you need more.
> Best, Doug

Hi Doug

The '-'sign in the debit column is a strange idea - never seen that
before.  It would be OK in a single amount column, but the debits are
already expected to be negative.

I removed them all and the import looks OK, including one or more spaces
in nearly every line.  No sign of truncation.

I could check for them, I suppose.  Who produced the data file?  Where
is your KMM version from?