[Kmymoney-devel] Reviewboard workflow

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Fri Oct 4 15:59:21 UTC 2013

Hi Cristian,

actually, I want to suggest removing two lines from .reviewboardrc.

While "GUESS_FIELDS = True" is nice for creating a new review it ALSO affects the updating of reviews!!
In my case it overwrites the already existing description, which I don't want to see changed every time I update the review...

The same holds for TARGET_GROUPS = "kmymoney". On updating an existing review (which I have been discussing only with Jack [1]) it got inadvertently immediately distributed to the kmymoney group specified in there! :-(

So, I don't know how to handle the case of kmymoney reviews discussed between two developers separately with the .reviewboardrc in place as is.

Of course, you can argument it doesn't make sense to have the default setting for private reviews…
But the GUESS_FIELDS is not really practical, not for updates, I believe.
Perhaps there is an option to let post-review ignore the config file?

Anyhow, our review is out now and I might just as well start discussing with all other interested developers, since there are questions.

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/112885/