[Kmymoney-devel] Starting w/o loading plugins possible?

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 22:44:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:00:13 -0400
Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Sorry - this got stuck in my outbox for a while.  Hopefully it will
> still send OK with this editing.
>
> On 2013.09.30 14:05, mk-lists at email.de wrote:
> > > Won't the parameters for cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX....
> > > need
> > to be
> > > changed?
> >
> > Hmm, well, I seem to have the correct setting there already.
> >
> > But the tricky bit is that I try to run an executable which isn't
> > yet installed where it belongs. It's just built in the source
> > directory and I try to run it from in there…
> > I guess this is not really doable. :(
>
> That is correct.  If you run from the build directory, it still
> picks up many of the parts from the installed system version.  What
> the script Cristian posted allows you to do is to install it to
> someplace like ~/testing/....  You have to adjust the install prefix
> to point there, and you do have to run make install, but that way you
> can install in that testing area, and not interfere with the main
> version installed in /usr or /usr/local.
>
> Jack

Success!

cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~ -DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=~/lib -DPLUGIN_INSTALL_DIR=~/lib/kde4
make install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=~/lib/kde4/plugins:$QT_PLUGIN_PATH
kmymoney

Although the QT_PLUGIN_PATH indicates ~/lib/kde4/plugins, the plugins
are definitely in ~/lib/kde4.

cat $QT_PLUGIN_PATH
cat: /home/aga/lib/kde4/plugins: Is a directory

None in /usr.  Definitely works here.