[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request: BitCoin Wallet Accounts

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Nov 23 17:06:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thursday 21 November 2013 14:15:57 Peyton, Dametrious wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a big fan of KMyMoney, and I've recently become debt free in large part
> due to this program.

Cool, another success story.

> Now, I'm wondering if KMyMoney can add a BitCoin BTC currency. Exchange
> rates can be found via https://bitpay.com/api/rates I would like to be able
> to add BitCoin Checking accounts so that I can keep everything managed in a
> single tool.

Did you know, that you can add new currencies yourself? Open
'Tools/Currencies' and right click onto the list of currencies. Select 'New
currency' and enter 'BTC' as the ISO 4217 code for it (got that from
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_symbol). Then rename it using the right
mouse button again or double-click on the name column of the entry. Double-
clicking on the symbol column allows you to change that too. From there on you
can use BTC as a currency for accounts.

> Thanks so much and keep up the good work!

If a cluttered desk is characteristic of a cluttered mind,
what does an empty desk mean 1 2 a b X