[Kmymoney-devel] feature request

Warren Goodrich wrgoodri at illinois.edu
Sat May 11 19:25:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

My new feature request is this:

A lot of my checkbook transactions are via debit card or atm card. I
would like to enter EFT (electronic fund transfer) or ATM (automated
teller machine) into the number box when doing this. This way, I can
scan my register and see right away which transactions were made with my
debit or atm card. My problem is, if I enter anything except a check
number in the number box, KMyMoney "forgets" my next check number. The
program always reverts back to number "1" no mater what my next check
number should be. Is it possible to change the program to allow me to
enter EFT or ATM into the number box, but still have my next check
number "pulled up" automatically in the next transaction? Maybe this
could be in the form of a drop down menu in the number box from which I
could choose 1 - ATM or 2 - EFT or 3 - Next check number. I know this
may not be a "big" issue, but I would find it a very nice change. Thanks
for listening.