[Kmymoney-devel] Payee Bug

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Wed May 8 01:55:26 UTC 2013

Maybe I wasn't clear. Selecting a new category from the dropdown list
always works for me too. Selecting a category using the Suggest a category
button works for me if the "Use the default account..." checkbox is
unchecked.

The problem occurs when you have already defined a default category that is
different from the one that KMM would suggest and then click on the Suggest
a category button. The category changes but the update button remains
disabled. It appears that there is some logic missing from the Select a
Category button click event and does not re-enable the Update button when
the category changes AND the Default category checkbox is already enabled.

For clarity sake I'm attaching a KMM file named PayeeTest.kmy

There is one Payee (called Payee) and two categories called A & B.

Payee has one transaction which is assigned to Category A.

I have set the Default category for Payee to B.

When I click on the Suggest a category button the default category switches
from B to A but the Update button remains disabled.

If the Update button is enabled for you after clicking the Suggest a
category button there there must be something different between our
systems. I have helped chase down a couple of other problems where
different KMM settings resulted in different behavior (as I recalled Tabbed
view did not work like the other views in the past but that makes no
difference here) so if your button is enabled then we'll have to see what
is different between our systems.

*
----
Brendan*