[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

Christian Elbe christian-elbe at freenet.de
Mon Jun 3 17:11:18 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to analyse my assets' diversification by making reports
with pie charts which show my assets (savings, investments,...)
according to several categories.

These categories should include
- region (Germany, USA, ... or Europe, America, Asia),
- currency (EUR, USD, GBP, ...),
- risk category (low, medium, high risk investments, ...),
- availability (short, medium, long term investments, ...),
- asset category (nominal, hybrid, real assets,...),
- ...

I thought instead of including every feature separately it would be
clearer to cover all of them by assigning the respective tags to each
account.
For that KMyMoney would need a tag feature for accounts which should
also be considered in the report configuration.
It could be similar to the already existing tag feature for transactions.

One could also use the tag feature to mark accounts for other reasons,
for example if an account is set up for a special purpose like saving
for a new car, flat, ...

I hope this explanation is good enough and I am looking forward to
hearing from you again.

Christian