[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney Fails at Start, Win 7

Noel Duhigg noeld543 at live.com.au
Sun Jun 2 04:55:28 UTC 2013

Hi Folks
I recently installed KMyMoney on my 64-bit Windows 7 system (kmymoney-x86-setup-4.6.3.exe).This worked fine except for frequent crashes (message "kmymoney.exe has stopped working"), which did not appear to affect my data.After entering a few transactions, it crashed again. After this, I could start the program but it failed to open my data file (no messages, so don't know why).
At this point I de-installed the program and re-installed it via your Windows KDE Installer (kdewin-installer-gui-1.0.0.exe).
I installed it on my D drive (as I had the first time). Now, I couldn't start the program at all and received a message that mpir.dll was missing. I then uninstalled KMyMoney and re-installed it as I did originally. Still no joy, as it failed with the same missing dll message.
So, I uninstalled everything, deleting libraries, and re-installed using the KDE Windows installer, only this timeon my C drive. Same result, can't start KMyMoney due to mpir.dll missing.
Finally, I uninstalled KMyMoney and deleted the KDE Win installer libraries. After restarting my PC, I downloaded and installed KMyMoney on my C drive (kmymoney-x86-setup-4.6.3.exe). The program starts okay, displays tip of the day, and then I get the error message "kmymoney.exe has stopped working". After exiting the message box KMyMoney terminates.
Can you please help resolve this problem?
Thanks and Regards ... Noel Duhigg (Sydney, Australia)