[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.3 standalone installer for Windows

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 05:44:38 UTC 2013

2013/1/22 Allan <agander93 at gmail.com>:
> On 21/01/13 20:21, Cristian Oneț wrote:
[...]
> No direct relevance to me, but, for someone coming to it for the first time,
> am I right in thinking that they still use the existing method for
> installing KDE?  Will the associated reference to KMyMoney now point to
> 4.6.3?

KMyMoney can still be installed trough the KDE Windows installer but
right now only 4.6.2 is available there. A newer version will not be
available until a new version of KDE on Windows will be released. As
I've found out from the KDE on Windows project members this new
version will be KDE 4.10 and we still have to wait for it. 4.6.3 was
not available on  Windows because there were no KDE on Windows
releases since we've release 4.6.3.

The purpose of this method of packaging is to decouple the release of
KMyMoney (which can work with an older version of KDE) from the
release of KDE on Windows. KMyMoney still relies on KDE on Windows but
uses an older version of KDE (4.8.5) which is relatively stable (AFAIK
KDE 4.10 or it's dependencies can't even be built yet).

This means that now we could also ship a package from git master on
Windows (like the Linux packages) if the dynamics of the Windows
community would require it.

Regards,
Cristian