[Kmymoney-devel] Possible bug report (OFX imports not matching in one account)

Michael Wolfe wolfemi1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 14:47:46 UTC 2013

On 2/16/2013 5:59 AM, Łukasz Maszczyński wrote:
> 2013/2/16 Michael Wolfe <wolfemi1 at gmail.com>:
>> On 2/13/2013 9:52 AM, Jack wrote:
>>> Compare the OFX log from two different downloads.  If they match (except
>>> for timestamps) then there is a real bug.  On the other hand, if something
>>> like the bankId's don't match, then KMM/libofx is behaving correctly and you
>>> need to figure out why your bank is changing the transaction ids each time.
>>>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I have compared the OFX log I sent out (working) with the current one (still
>> not working).  The ONLY difference between the two is that the non-working
>> one has an additional field in each transaction:
>>
>> <CORRECTACTION>REPLACE
>>
>> Where does this come from?  Is it recorded by KMyMoney as a record of what
>> is done upon receiving the OFX download, or is it a directive from the bank?
>>
> Hi,
>
> the <CORRECTACTION>REPLACE command, according to OFX specification,
> tells the application to replace a transaction with
> <CORRECTFITID>##transaction-id## with the one being imported,
> identified with a (possibly) new id <FITID>##new-id##.
>
> In other words, for each transaction:
> - there should always be a FITID tag
> - if there's CORRECTACTION tag, there should be a CORRECTFITID tag as
> well. Is it present?
>
> @KMM-devel: I'm not an OFX expert, so please correct me if my
> understanding is not correct.

There is no CORRECTFITID field in any of the transactions.

I think this is the issue.  The fact that it's an OFX field that
KMyMoney is trying to follow correctly makes sense, and it also explains
why there is not any problem with the other accounts.

If I could suggest a change to KMyMoney, does everyone think that it
would be a good idea to ignore the <CORRECTACTION>REPLACE field if
there's no matching CORRECTFITID tag?

-Mike