[Kmymoney-devel] Overly wide "Details" column in ledger

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Dec 26 09:33:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

first of all: Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.

On Thursday 05 December 2013 08:33:45 mk-lists at email.de wrote:

> Hi Allan and Cristian,
>
> turns out that that is indeed the case that here are several very long lines
> which increase the column width that much, ALTHOUGH there are spaces where
> one could insert a line break.
>
> I suggest to simply limit the maximum length to something more sensible.
> Just display three dots at the end of the comment and if the user wants to
> know details he has to go into the transaction editor to find out what’s
> written at the end. That way one can also handle lines which are very long
> and have no spaces.

This annoys me as well and I will take a look into it. My Memos do contain
multiple lines with data downloaded which cause the lines to be wider than the
screen (the screen, not the window) can possibly show (and I do have 1920 px
width). This is getting worse recently, as my bank stucks in the full IBAN and
BIC information for each transaction.

'Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is
time-rich and cash-poor.' -- Cory Doctorow: Little brother