[Kmymoney-devel] Fedora 19

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 26 00:12:18 UTC 2013

On 2013.08.25 19:09, aga wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 19:41:10 -0300 casper <gvcasper at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have downloaded and installed KMymoney in my week-end computer
>> with Fedora 19 (gnome version, Brazilian portuguese) and when I Itry
>> to open the software, it does not work, and following msg appears
> >
> > "Configuracao Invalida - KMymoney
>> O simbolo decimal monetario nao esta definido corretamente nas
>> Configuracoes do Sistema do KDE, na configuracao do
>> "Pais/regiao&Lingua" Configure-o com um valor razoavel e inicie o
>> KMyMoney de novo."
> >
> > my translation to English :
> > "Invalid Configuration - KMyMoney
>> The decimall monetary symbol is not defined correctly in
>> configurations of KDE System, in the configurations of
>> "Country/Region&Language". Set a reasonable configuration and
>> restart KMyMoney again"
> >
>> I am not using the KDE manager and I  did not find any monetary
>> symbol in the definitions of Fedora/Gnome.
> > Could I do something to open KMYMoney ?
>> I just recently started to use KMyMoney in my chief computer with
>> Linux Mint LMDE Cinnamon without any configuration problem.
> > I thank you in advance

> In KMyMoney, go to Settings/KDE Language settings.  Ensure your
> country is selected, then check that a decimal symbol is set in both
> the Numbers and the Money tabs.

In case KMM doesn't run even enough to get to the menu, you need to
find the utility that sets various settings.  The money settings are
usually in the same place as language or locale settings.  Try from a
command line to run "systemsettings".  If that works, under "Common
Appearance and Behavior" select "Locale".  On that page, there is a
"money" tab undeer "Country/Region and Language."  (I assume you can
identify the equivalent items in your language.)