[Kmymoney-devel] Merge driver for KMM files

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Aug 13 19:38:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

somewhere in the back of my head I have the idea to replace the XML backend in
favor of a memory based SQLite backend. But nothing has been done/implemented
in this direction, not even any test application so far. I have no idea if it
is even feasible because I also want to keep the GPG encryption.

Thinking about it, the 3-way-merge is an interesting idea. Another way to
solve the problem might be to create logs on the computers and replay them on
the other one. The log-id could be a GUID and must be kept with the
transaction to detect duplicate imports. The transaction ID itself could be
made up of a GUID which can replace the current number format. That certainly
is valid for all our IDs and might be an easier solution to the problem in
terms of merging. Just make sure, that the GUIDs are clearly seperate for each
box you enter data on.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thomas