[Kmymoney-devel] Tools -> Currencies

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Aug 12 12:48:58 UTC 2013

on 04/04/2013 16:10 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> on 04/04/2013 14:32 Thomas Baumgart said the following:
>> Andriy,
>>
>> On Thursday 04 April 2013 13:50:43 Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>
>>> Is the list of currencies accessed via Tools -> Currencies supposed to be
>>> editable?
>>>
>>> I can double-click on any field of any entry and the interface allows me to
>>> enter a new value.  The value stays there after I hit enter, but it looks
>>> like the changes are not actually applied or persisted.
>>>
>>> The reason I tried to edit the list is that I want to use '₴' as a symbol
>>> for UAH.  That's U+20B4 HRYVNIA SIGN (₴) if your mail client doesn't
>>> properly render it.

I think that I've figured a work-around for this issue.
If I do the following:
- select a currency
- right-click on it and chose "Rename currency"
- leave name unchanged but double-click the Symbol field
- enter a new symbol and hit enter
then the change takes effect and persists.

If I skip the "Rename currency" step and just start with double-clicking the
symbol field, then the change doesn't stick.

I added some debug output in the source code and I see that there are no calls
to slotStartEditId in either scenario, so m_currencyInEditing remains false and
slotUpdateCurrency simply does nothing.
In the first scenario there is a call to slotStartRename (thanks to "Rename
currency" I guess), so m_currencyInEditing gets set to true.

Another observation - if I hit Enter on a currency entry, then I do get
slotStartEditId.  But that doesn't happen with double-click.

Now, having googled for it it seems to be an issue described here:
http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/45979-Setting-QTreeWidget-flag-to-Qt-ItemIsEditable-seems-to-disable-itemActivated-SIGNAL
Small summary: "However this signal is not triggered when I set the
QTreeWidgetItem flag to Qt::ItemIsEditable and double click on it. However the
signal is entered if i press the enter key".
There are possible solutions suggested at the end of the thread:
http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/45979-Setting-QTreeWidget-flag-to-Qt-ItemIsEditable-seems-to-disable-itemActivated-SIGNAL?s=db9d7362fba733c38948ac21a08fed87&p=208384#post208384

--
Andriy Gapon