[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

TIm Dawson tadawson at tpcsvc.com
Sat Apr 13 17:20:44 UTC 2013

One of the most basic features that I would have assumed would have been
a "gimme" in any financial management package that can be utilized in
conjunction with a financial organization (IE, can upload transactions
from a bank) would be the ability to actually schedule those uploads to
happen *WITHOUT* any user intervention.  Either I am totally blind, or
in the 5+ years that I have been using KMymoney, this feature has been
painfully and notably absent.

Perhaps it's just my patterns as a user, in that I don't necessarily
reconcile my accounts monthly (more like quarterly, unless there is an
issue) and what happens is that Chase only keeps 30 days of online
transactions uploadable, so inevitably, I spend way too much time hand
entering stuff that should have been uploaded.  Barring my remembering
to do this on a periodic basis (which is an absurd requirement . .  .) a
mechanism to schedule this via cron (or other process scheduler) to run
*WITHOUT* user intervention would appear to be an obvious need - and
need not be anything more sophisicated than a command line option such
that kmymoney can be run such as "kmymoney --update-all" and have an OFX
update occur, the same as if update-all was selected from the gui, but
with no intervention, and no need to load the gui to a desktop.

Seems like all the parts are there . . . again, I can't fathom why this
isn't available (or have managed to miss it for years . . . ).

- Tim