[Kmymoney-devel] question concerning program usage

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:30:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 23:10:45 -0400
Anne Wise <amrothman2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started using KMyMoney, and had entered a couple of weeks worth of
> data, I then wanted to transfer in the rest of the year to date from a
> spreadsheet.  managed to create a QIF file that I was able to load
> into program, but am at a lose for how to merge the two files within
> KMyMoney?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Anne Wise

Hi Anne

Firstly, there shouldn't be any need to merge two files.  Once you had
manually created your initial batch, you should have been able to
import your QIF file into the same .kmy file. and just finish up with a
single file.

Incidentally, you may have undertaken more work than was necessary,
that's assuming your spreadsheet is able to export to CSV (comma
seperated values) format.  There has been a CSV import facility in
KMyMoney for some while now, assuming you are on an up-to-date version.