[Kmymoney-devel] Feedback

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Sep 27 09:09:26 UTC 2012

Greg,

On Wednesday 26 September 2012 12:17:54 Greg Thornwall wrote:

> Hi, I am using Ubuntu and it must have upgraded the KMYMoney from 0.8.x
> to 1.0. I'm getting an error that my file is an older binary. Is there a
> way to convert this binary file to the new, I guess XML format? I'm
> surprised that you took the conversion code out of the newer version.
> I'm not sure how to install the older version.

I somehow managed to delete your second mail (while my brain still remembers
its contents), so I take your first to pick up the thread.

Can you post the initial part of XML that you see when using less or similar?
I do see here

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE KMYMONEY-FILE>
<KMYMONEY-FILE>
 <FILEINFO>
  <CREATION_DATE date="2003-09-29"/>
  <LAST_MODIFIED_DATE date="2012-07-26"/>
  <VERSION id="1"/>
  <FIXVERSION id="4"/>
 </FILEINFO>

This might give us some more details why your file cannot be loaded.

Windows: It's not pretty. It's not ugly. But it's pretty ugly.