[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: Adding Tags to Kmymoney - first draft

Alessandro Russo axela74 at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 31 21:57:36 UTC 2012

Il 31/10/2012 22:22, mk-lists at email.de ha scritto:
> On Oct 31, 2012, at 10:16 PM, mk-lists at email.de wrote:
>> On Oct 31, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Alessandro Russo wrote:
>>> Can you give me the version of Qt that you're using?
>> 4.8.5
> Sorry, KDE 4.8.5 with Qt 4.8.3. :-)

Hum.. it's strange.. on my system, with the same Qt version (but with
KDE 4.9.2) after I click the 'Cancel' button is emitted a focusOut event
received by KMyMoneyTagCombo, there is a focusOutEvent in
KMyMoneyMVCombo that check if the string in the ComboBox is equal to one
of the tags names, if the check fail it emit a createItem signal, this
signal is  connected to KMyMoneyApp::slotTagNew.
In this slot it's called KMEssageBox::questionYesNo that open a modal
dialog. After closing this dialog choosing 'No' the other events are
DROPPED! KMyMoney doesn't receive the clicked event from 'Cancel' button
and the same button don't receive the MouseButtonRelease event so it
remain 'clicked'.

If I disable the call to KMessageBox all it's ok... for some reason this
happen on my system but not on your...

I'm a bit lost...

Btw i think that we shouldn't ask to the user if he want to create a new
Tag/Payee if he clicked 'Cancel'.
I don't see a clear and simple way to obtain this, any suggestions?