[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: Adding Tags to Kmymoney - first draft

Alessandro Russo axela74 at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 30 21:56:12 UTC 2012

Il 30/10/2012 21:56, Mikael Kujanpaa ha scritto:
> First, sorry, I haven't had time to test further your patch. Since tags
> functionality will affect to the saved xml file, can I anytime revert back to
> stable KMyMoney and use same booking file even if tags are there? Or should I
> be cautious and use only copy of my bookings and always revert back to stable
> version after testing?
>
> Of course I can do that, but then it raises the testing barrier a bit. And
> sure I always take backups, but if I start to using patched KMyMoney, the
> backups are then using also patched KMyMoney version.
I really don't know. To be sure I'll use the patched kmymoney only on
backups of your data.
I copy my files (and the backups that kmymoney created) in another dir,
after testing I recopy them back.

> - Open existing transaction, select tag for it, but cancel immediately
> the editing => KMyMoney crashes.
>> I tried to replicate it but I can't see any crash. Can you re-check it
>> again? Maybe you did some other things before the cancel that caused the
>> crash. Did you applied the last revision of the patch?
> I made an anonymized version of my file, please try to test with it. You can
> grab it from here http://koti.kapsi.fi/~mahead/temp/issue.anon.xml .
>
> 1. Open the file.
> 2. Click "Ledgers".
> 3. Let the last transaction be selected and click "Edit".
> 4. Write "foobar" into tag field. (After 'r', don't click anywhere or press
> enter.)
> 5. Click cancel.
> 6. Answer no when asked "Do you want to add foobar as tag?".
> => Crash.
I tried it with again with your issue.anon.xml, with and withour
transaction form but I only get this:
When I I answer no to the question "Do you want to add foobar as tag?"
the button "Cancel" remain pressed and the transaction remain in edit
mode, if I press the Cancel button again the transaction leave the edit
mode. No crash.
I'm updating the patch with some changes to the icon names, can you
download that version and try again with it?

Best regards,
  Alessandro