[Kmymoney-devel] Building KMM on OpenSUSE 12.2

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Fri Oct 5 13:02:55 UTC 2012

On Oct 5, 2012, at 1:32 AM, Allan wrote:
> From memory, and if we're talking about the same page, there is a mention there of Debian specifics, some of which are not Debian specific, but general.
OK, I spotted that now:
---
Debian dependencies

build-essential cmake kdelibs5-dev kdepimlibs5-dev libaqbanking29-dev libboost-graph-dev libfinance-quote-perl libgpgme11-dev libgwenhywfar47-dev libical-dev libjpeg62-dev libofx-dev libpng12-dev libsqlite3-dev libz-dev gettext
---
alkimia doesn't appear in there either.

> What about showing a draft here so others can comment?

Well, I guess I can't come up with a similarly complete list to above. :(

What I did was to select
	- C++ development
	- KDE development
during system installation from scratch. (I hope I didn't forget anything here, since that specific menu is unfortunately only present during system installation and not in YaST later on!)

---

But I assume that the above is equivalent to installing the meta-package:
	patterns-openSUSE-devel_kde
since it requires
	patterns-openSUSE-devel_C_C++

I am not sure about
	patterns-openSUSE-devel_qt4
since it doesn't seem to be a dependency for patterns-openSUSE-devel_kde…

Then I installed the following rpms:
	git
	libkdepimlibs4-devel
	libalkimia-devel

as well as the optional ones:
	libofx-devel aqbanking-devel

Eventually I got KMM's source using
	git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kmymoney

and built it according to the instructions.

All together not much difference to what's already written on http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney below "Installation steps", with the exception that the names of all rpms are specified and libakimia-devel added.

Greets,
Marko

P.S.:
Sorry if you consider my post noise. The way I went through this yesterday was just not as straightforward as it looks above!! :-)
The 1st steps I made were installing git and cloning the KMM repo.
That was followed by several iterations of "cmake .. -D..." calls in kmymoney/build. The error messages thrown then led me to install gpgme, libgpgme-devel, libgpgme11 manually - without need - since I had forgotten libkdepimlibs4-devel at first which would have taken care of it. Also I unnecessarily installed libalkimia from source (downloaded from kde-apps.org).