[Kmymoney-devel] Building KMM on OpenSUSE 12.2

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Thu Oct 4 17:29:48 UTC 2012

Hi devs,

I've set up the latest OpenSUSE 12.2 on a virtual machine to experiment with KMM a little. As always I had to struggle to get the right environment set up from scratch [1] ... :)

BTW, the techbase web page mentions "quote::finance", which probably means libalkimia?
	But libalkimia is a *necessary* dependency and SHOULDN'T be listed under "additional functionality"! :-)

Uff, now my new setup is doing what it is supposed to do, but it cost me more than half an hour - once again… :(

Wondering whether I should write a little update to the techbase page, now that all is fresh in my memory.
But, hey, it's only valid for OpenSUSE 12.2 and who knows how it works in other Linux distros.

Anyway, thanks for KMM to all devs!

Greets,
Marko

[1] I thought I had most of the tools in place, but for some reason cmake couldn't locate qgpgme, although I did install the packages gpgme, libgpgme11 andlibgpgme-devel, which were still not enough. It turned out that libkdepimlibs4-devel is a necessary dependency as well, which I recalled then - but too late.