[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: homepage: extend accounts table with additional columns to reflect online-status

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Mon Nov 19 07:54:04 UTC 2012

Hi Alvaro,

> Can you make it so that it's off by default and only available if at least one account has an online link?
as I discussed with David I'll make it opt-in. Each user should be able to decided whether screen space is invested for that or not. Also I'll get rid of the string "Status" in the table header and replace it with a smaller icon to indicate that the column is related to the online-status.

Last night I was trying to figure out how I could access the checkbox-widget which I created anew in the homepage settings dialog. But, since I have never used those *.ui files I couldn't yet grasp how such a dialog item is actually accessed… :-(

	Could you explain to me briefly how the content of the "Configure/Home/Information display/Show Account Limit Information" is actually read out in the application, please?! I've been checking out ksettingshome.cpp but couldn't get any indication as to where to search on… Looks like I must be blind to not to see the obvious. (I guess much code gets auto-generated, which is why I can't get a foot into the door without studying QT designer… which I wanted to avoid up to now since I am quite happy with coding dialogs directly in my programs' source code without the need for ui files.)

Greets,
Marko