[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: homepage: extend accounts table with additional columns to reflect online-status

David Houlden djhoulden at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:23:54 UTC 2012

Hi Marko,

On Sunday 18 November 2012 19:34:28 mk-lists at email.de wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I understand your arguments and I pondered them myself as well.
> Actually, I was already thinking about making this a configurable option
> because of exactly cases like yours. :-)
>
> The reason why I implemented this is the same which drove me back then
> together with Thomas: to highlight mismatching online and file balances!!
> In the last years I ran again and again into situations where accounts had
> such mismatches which were small enough (e.g. often EUR50) to slip my
> attention during reconciling. It is very tedious to recover from this, if
> the mistakes made lie too far back in the past, because you would need to
> locate the point in time where the mistake happened and probably delete
> transactions as well as re-download some once again.
>
> Something like this happened again a few days ago which is why I'd love to
> have this already on my home page screen.

That's a very good argument for having the status easily visible on the home
page. I see why you would want it.

> Of course this feature might not make sense for some KMM users, but as I
> said above, that's why I am thinking about making this configurable. I
> just wanted to get feedback on this and that's why I thank you very much
> for your reaction to my review request, David. Much appreciated!

A configuration option would work for me and also for others who may not be
using very wide screen displays. I did wonder about only displaying the status
if at least one account is set up for online access but that isn't such a
flexible solution.

Dave.