[Kmymoney-devel] Ubuntu font

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:34:42 UTC 2012

On 12/11/12 06:10, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 11 November 2012 23:58:18 Allan wrote:

>>> Looking in this particular ui file in edit mode, as against Designer,
>>> there are references to both Sans and Ubuntu.  Is it valid to leave
>>> 'font-family' empty?  Or, should I replace all Ubuntu references with
>>> Sans?
>>>
>>> Allan
>>
>> There appears to be no way in QtDesigner to not select any font - one
>> has to choose from a drop-down.
>
> I have to jump in here: there is! Check the button on the right side of the
> drop down, the one with a little red arrow (somewhat a inverted CR symbol).
> That is the 'reset' button which removes your setting. It appears all over the
> place in designer. It is disabled in case the default is setup.
>
> Hope that helps.

Of course, I thought!  I've used it, accidentally, a long while ago.

Sadly, it is greyed out (as you mention).  Selecting a different font
then enables the button, but clicking it brings us back to square one
here, with Ubuntu selected!

However,this all came about because I edited the wording of a
two-sentence tool-tip, which I'd all along wanted center justified.
Doing this in QtDesigner, results in a whole bunch of rich-text
formatting stuff, including another font selection.  As the whole ui had
been designed on openSuse, unbeknown to me, this was set to 'Sans'.
Editing the wording caused Ubuntu font to override this setting,
resulting in the patch being produced.

I think the pile of unneeded rich-text is overkill, so I've just tried
pruning it, and this seems to be successful.  I've just checked again
and Ubuntu font does not now appear.  I think what I might do now, is
look at the other tool-tips and labels, just in this one file, which, in
fact, is the 'busiest' and then commit, all being well.