[Kmymoney-devel] ofx crashes kmm

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun May 6 20:02:01 UTC 2012

Ozan,

On Sunday 06 May 2012 14:53:36 you wrote:

> Gentleman -
>
> I have gotten your email from the dialogue box of ofx plugin. I need some
> assistance.

I have no idea about the where-abouts of Ace, so it is up to me to answer. In
case you get some message from Ace, I would be very interested. Non-delivery
messages do not count here.

> I have 64 bit Lucid 10.04.3 LTS kubuntu (4.5.3) Kernel 2.6.32-33 on my
> machine. the latest stable version of kmm is not available for lucid.
> I have tried to compile and install version 4.6.2 and it worked fine.
> However, the OFX does not function any more.
>
> Now OFX plugin crashes kmm every time I try to update.

That is possibly due to the fact that you have the OFX plugin of the previous
version which does not work. You should remove it if you can.

> During cmake -I realized after installation- that the ofx plugin upgrade
> was set to "no" as copied below which I thought was supposed to be set to
> yes by default. I could not figure out how to change this setting. It looks
> like I am missing something and the configuration program decides not to
> upgrade the plugins.  When I go to kmm settings -> plugins all items say
> 4.6.2 except the ofx and the iCalendar.
>
> I appreciate if some one could show me the way and let me know if you need
> any more information.  Forewarning: I am not a very savvy linux person so
> bear with me.

This is probably due to the fact that one or more development packages are
missing. I expect this to be libofx-dev or libofx-devel (I am not very savvy
with debian as a distro). Please give it a try and see if that makes a
difference. In case you install additional packages, you should remove the
file called CMakeCache.txt which is created in the build directory during the
cmake run before you run cmake again. This will force the re-run of all checks
contained in the KMyMoney build environment.

I am sure, we will get you up to speed and that you will improve your linux
skills along the way.

p.s. Further communication should be done through our developer mailing list
at kmymoney-devel at kde.org. You should subscribe to it so that you receive all
the answers.

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing
work, yet getting the work done.