[Kmymoney-devel] Git workflow after backporting to origin/4.6

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 13:28:32 UTC 2012

On 30/06/12 14:04, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hello Allan,
> Did you intend to push that commit to 4.6 branch now? Because that
> message is saying you have a local change that you haven't pushed yet.
>
> Also, once you're done, you should checkout the master branch and work as usual.
>
> git checkout master
> git pull -r
>
> Still, it isn't clear where you are trying to go at this point.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Hi Alvaro

I'm intending to do the merge and push, but would first do
git rebase master
and wasn't sure whether that line needed to be edited to reflect
origin/4.6, or whether it is referencing just my local master?

And then, following the merge and push, I always get the
"Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by x commits." message which I
follow with
"git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/master"
do I replace origin with "origin/4.6"?

Thanks

Allan