[Kmymoney-devel] A bug in the development release- Windows HELP needed

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:40:02 UTC 2012

On 26/06/12 21:34, David Monticelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find in attachment:
>
> - a sample csv file for which I can reproduce the problem when I try to
> import it
> - a screenshot "CSV Importer form.jpg" which shows that at that step
> kmymoney correctly recognized the amounts including decimal part.
> - a screenshot "result.jpg" which shows that after having imported the
> csv sample file, the decimal part has been "shifted" into the integer part.
>
> Yes I would be glad to collaborate on kmymoney, as I am a developer.
>
> I tried to get the source and build it using this tuto:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge
> but had an error :-(
>
> I love Linux, but I currently only have/use windows on my private
> computer -and because i'm developer, i'm lazy to reinstall linux and all
> the tools-
> so could you help me to get and build it on windows?

Hello David

I'm copying this the the developer list, and I think it would help if
you were to subscribe to that list, so that problems are given the
widest airing.

Your problem has very recently cropped up for another user and I am in
the process of backporting fixes from git to 4.6.2 stable.

I've confirmed that your file imports incorrectly on 4.6.2, when used
with a non-UK locale.  It imports correctly with the UK locale.  It also
imports correctly on my current 4.6.2-ish system, and on git.  There is
likely to be a delay before an updated 4.6.2+ gets to the distros, so
git is your best path.

Unfortunately, I'm clueless on Windows, but Cristian Onet, one of the
lead developers may be able to help, although his time is limited at the
moment.  Other users may well be able to give some pointers, too.  I
must say though that, to me, it wold seem to be much quicker to install
a linux system than to compile KDE.  However, that's your choice.  It
would be good to have another developer around.

Allan