[Kmymoney-devel] kmymoney Feature request

NRL NRLacasse at HotMail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:55:11 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 07:27 PM, Allan wrote:

> If you have KMyMoney, then you have check printing!
>
> Go to Settings/Configure KMM/Plugins then tick the box next to 'Print
> Cheque(check)'. It may not be exactly what you would like - I don't
> have use for it - but it may help you, and if not exactly what you
> want, submit a wish-list request on bugs.kde.org . Don't hold your
> breath for an immediate fix, though, as developer time is limited at
> the moment.
>
> Allan

KMyMoney's plugin says "This plugin gives you the ability to print
transaction data onto a preformatted paper check."

I print onto completely blank paper. I am interested in having the
program print the MICR (routing number, account number and check number)
fonts along with every other printed word on the page.

I'm not going to hold my breath. I thought I was submitting my feature
request to a wish list. I will submit it to bugs.kde.org if that is the
place I should submit it. Thank you for this information.

I spent $10 for software about 7 or 8 years ago. I spent about $15 on
blank check paper 7 or 8 years ago. I don't have to buy anything else
for the rest of my life. Most people cannot say that and it is worth
doing it this way if you write a lot of checks. It saves people a lot of
money.

I just wanted to put out an idea for a plugin that maybe no one else
thought of. Maybe nobody is interested, I don't know. At the moment I
log into Windows print my checks and then log back out. Everything else
I do in Fedora.

Norman